My Adventure at Camp

I’m glad I got to go with my class on the adventure to Hornby Camp. It was an amazing experience, and I learned a lot about my friends, and things I didn’t know.

I learned that it helps somebody by your side, helping you, and encouraging you. The hardest thing that I had to do was Burma Bridge on the high ropes. I was worried that I was going to fall.  I had forgotten about the safety line, and when I concentrated I forgot about being afraid. When I got in the kayak I was nervous because I’d only been in a kayak once before. I was afraid that I might tip it over and fall in the water. I did remember that I had a life jacket on, so I relaxed a bit and paddled along with my group. On the windy afternoon, my group went to the Giant’s Ladder. It looked really high and I wasn’t sure I wanted to do it. I did it with Charlotte and we made it to the fifth bar.

I learned that it’s not always easy camping with friends. Even though I like my friends, they were loud at night and kept people up. I was really tired in the morning. Even people out of my cabin were being noisy. Sometimes they tell you to do things you shouldn’t like. I know I shouldn’t do them.

I learned that camping is great! I really liked being around my friends and doing things together. I got to try new things like sleeping in a cabin because I’m not really used to it. At the campfire, we got to play games and drink hot chocolate and eat popcorn. The food was really good, especially the spaghetti.

So if  you ever go to Tribune Bay, don’t be afraid to try new things, don’t sleep near your friends so you can get a good night’s sleep, and I recommend the spaghetti!

2 thoughts on “My Adventure at Camp

1. Kayley

Hey Evann,
    It was so fun going to camp! My favourite part was the food, It’s so amazing! I was also very scared to do the obstacle course in the trees (The high ropes). Our group had enough time for every one to try Burma Bridge and Possums Log. I did possums log first and it was the most amazing thing that I have ever done. The kayaking was scary but lots of fun! Some parts of the ocean was so pretty and clear. You could see the golden sand at the bottom of the water. On the fist night everything was really peaceful in our cabin…. but on the second night people couldn’t go to sleep. There was lots of talking. Did you do the leap of faith? I did and i touched the bar but I didn’t grab on to it soon enough.
    Have a wonderful day,
    ~Kayley

Reply
    1. Evann Post author

Hi kayley i like camp it was the best part of last year it was so fun it was scary when you go up in the a the tree by did you have fun.by now Evann

Reply